Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Outdoor Art Club

In June I traveled to the bay area for the wedding of my friends Chris and Jessie. They married at the Outdoor Art Club, a beautiful venue in quaint downtown Mill Valley. The private, nonprofit women's organization was formed in 1902 and their stated mission is “To preserve the natural scenery of Mill Valley and the surrounding country, to beautify the grounds around public buildings, to work against the wanton destruction of birds and game, to encourage the development of outdoor art and to engage in other civic, literary and charitable work." 
It was a relaxed celebration in a idyllic setting. The reception was colored with delightful teal accents, wild flowers, and a main course of delicious pizza! I was so pleased to be able to celebrate the marriage of an old friend and to visit a Mill Valley and the Outdoor Art Club. I made this painting for the couple to mark the occasion. This is the charming entrance to the Art Club, in June the foliage was lush and I felt as I was passing through the gate into an enchanted garden. Congratulations to Chris and Jessie!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment