Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pike's Place Market

In the past, I have posted paintings from my travel to Seattle. It was a city that really captured my imagination. My time there was marked by relaxed evenings sipping wine on a balcony in Capital Hill, adventuring to the Ballard neighborhood to check out Seattle's cupcake selection, making an excursion to Bainbridge Island, and exploring tourist favorites, like Pike's Place. This postcard painting (literally) was made sitting in a coffee shop adjacent to the market and mailed across the country. The painting's recipient recently sent me a digital copy of this forgotten image. There is a certain desirable quality to this sketch-like painting, a quality sometimes elusive in my typically controlled painting style.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment