Friday, March 25, 2011

Featured Artist

Carolina Gronholm
Carolina Gronholm draws what she sees, hears and dreams.  Her work is mainly focused on animals, trees, and swirls.  She gets her inspiration from dreams and her love for mother nature and the animals living in the trees, under the damp earth between the grass roots and in the sky.
In The Woods, drawing in ink and colored digitally, Carolina Gronholm
I love your elegant tree drawings.  Are there places with particularly beautiful trees, which you like to visit in Stockholm (or anywhere) for inspiration?
     We have big trees right outside our window, small parks all over Stockholm and big forests right outside town so the nature is always present here. Actually, Swedish forests covers 53% of the country-this is where my true inspiration comes from.
Trees Of Light, drawing in ink and colored digital, Carolina Gronholm
In additional to drawing and crocheting, you seem to do all sorts of other art-related projects.  Do you have plans for any particular art experimentation this year?
     Right now, I'm working on some mixed media paintings and drawings for a coming exhibition. I'm using inks, watercolors and yarn for this project. There is so much more I would like to try when working with new materials, it feels like my inspiration and creativity is bursting so I always try to channel it into any new art project.             
Sunday Morning Walk, drawing in ink and colored digitally, Carolina Gronholm
Tell us a bit about Sau, your cat, who inspires some of your art making.
     I found her outside in the freezing cold one Easter weekend 6 years ago and she's been with me ever since. She loves tearing paper - especially when the postman comes with letters, she likes acting like a guard cat I guess. Sau is certainly my muse and I love coming up with small amusing stories about her life through drawings. 
Cat On Cushions, drawing in ink, Carolina Gronholm
Many thanks to Carolina for sharing her lovely drawings.  Be sure to check out more of her work at her blog and her Late Night Drawing, her Etsy shop.

What do you think of Carolina's whimsical trees and playful cat stories?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment