Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wedding Invitation

Star Constellation Chart
I've always been rather taken by star constellations.  I, like many city dwellers, find myself rather shocked each time I wonder into sparsely inhabited regions of the country...The stars are amazing!  That interest paired with a fondness for the Au Revoir Simone song "Stars" inspired this invitation design. 

"You make me wanna measure stars in the backyard with a calculator and a ruler baby
I found a letter that describes how the moonlight will lead me to the distant place that you will be..."
This invitation illustrates the northern constellations in a mid-winter night sky.  In this digital design, I've laid out all of the constellations and labeled them. 
Do you like star gazing?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment