Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wedding Invitations

Fall Leaf
Fall is a lovely season in Chicago.  It has all the charms of winter, without with miserably cold temperatures.  It's a great time to be cozy inside, enjoy the beauty of the changing leaves, drink apple cider (this year I've been drinking my cider with home whipped cream) and look forward to a Thanksgiving feast.
One afternoon last week, I took a stroll down my street and found some beautiful leaves for use as studio models.  Using one leaf I made a painting, which I used as the basis for a new invitation design. 

I really enjoyed creating these designs which respond to the organic form of the leaf.  Perhaps these designs would fit well with fall weddings, which incorporate the rich tones of changing leaves.   

What do you like most about fall?
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Hot apple cider with whipped cream and cinnamon on top :)

    ReplyDelete