Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wedding Invitation

Colorful Tiles
During my time living in Italy and traveling in Mediterranean countries, I was always quite charmed by the beauty of the tiles and pottery, which are readily available in that part of the world.  
I am delighted by the way that these tiles are timeless and classic, without feeling overly formal or uptight.  Their bold colors and organic shapes feel at home with modern eclectic objects.
As many people may be charmed by the colors and delicate designs of the Mediterranean and their influence in the American Southwest, I have designed this invitation influenced by the hand painted tiles from Spain.  The invitation features my own watercolor painting.  

What do you find most charming about Mediterranean design?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment