Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Custom Wedding Maps

I recently completed this custom wedding map for a couple who will marry this fall.  They purchased my Birds on a Wire wedding invitations in "creamsicle" orange and I designed this map which was printed on the back of their invitation.  
I really enjoy designing maps or even just sketching a quick map on a napkin.  As a visually- oriented person I am drawn to create graphic depictions of my city and the places I visit.  As an architect, I'm interested in the spacial relationships created in urban and rural environments.   Also, maps often just look really great!  There was a tremendous exhibit of maps at the Field Museum several years ago that featured some amazing maps, check out some of the beautiful maps!
What are some of your favorite maps?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment