Sunday, January 2, 2011

Other Projects

Exploring Kansas City Restaurants
First, I recommend that before reading this post, that you start "Kansas City" by Fats Domino playing.  It's a really fun song that rattles around in my head every time I make my way to Kansas City. 

I had never been to Kansas City until my parents moved to the area about five years ago.  Since then, I've been making visits to Kansas City, Missouri and have found it be quite a lovely little city.  I find myself quite charmed by the city's fountains (it's nicknamed City of Fountains because there are over 200 fountains in the city), the Christmas Lights in the Plaza District, some beautiful architecture, and great neighborhoods like the Crossroads Arts DistrictOf course, I consider food to be one of the great pleasures in life, so when exploring a new city, I am eager to explore the restaurants.  I thought I would share a couple of my favorites for your next visit to Kansas City.
Restaurants that appeal to me, when exploring a new city, tend to be a combination of good food, interesting neighborhoods, and charming ambiance. Blue Bird Bistro in the Westside neighborhood (1700 Summit Street) fits that bill. It is a small restaurant in a quaint old building on the corner of Summit Street and 17th Street. Blue Bird uses local, seasonal food in their dishes. The green curry is among my favorites, which is a house prepared curry with local potatoes,onions, organic carrots and mushrooms simmered in organic coconut milk, served over organic seasoned rice. I'm also rather fond of the roasted salmon benedict, which is roasted salmon on an organic english muffin and organic spinach topped with hollandaise with Menno Brennerman butter and Campo lindo Farm poached eggs - delicious.
The other restaurant that I really enjoy is the Blue Koi in the Westport neighborhood (1803 W. 39th Street). If you sit at the bar, you can watch chefs at work, which is great fun. I find the delicate flavor of the vegetarian noodle soup really enticing. The quality ingredients and the fresh, homemade preparation make the noodle soups quite a delight.
Bon Appetit!  Do you have a favorite dining establishment in Kansas City?
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Your way of describing the information is very interesting. And your whole article is very good. Thanks for share..
    http://www.panelprosinc.com/services/

    ReplyDelete