Sunday, May 1, 2011

Other Projects

Custom Design Map
I recently completed a commissioned project.  It was a delightful undertaking.  I designed a custom map for a couple who was married in and is living in Baltimore.  As frequent readers of this blog know, I'm an enthusiastic supporter of Baltimore.  Having lived in the city, for a couple of years, I fell in love.  So it was a delighted to recall familiar neighborhoods and favorite spots as I executed the map.
The map is a digital design, which will be printed as a 24"x30" poster at a local art store using their high quality printing process.  The map depicts Baltimore's 225+ neighborhoods.  It also features digital sketches of the couple's favorite Baltimore spots--restaurants, bars, the place they were married.  
I was rather captivated by this idea, an extension of some of the wedding maps I have designed.  I hope I will have the opportunity to complete more of these custom maps.  It also got me thinking about future projects I would like to complete--perhaps, a series of maps documenting the places that tell the story of a person's life in a place--the places where a person lives and works, their favorite hidden places to visit, the place they fall in love or have their hearts broken.  
What would be on your custom designed map?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment